Thursday, June 17, 2010

Introduction

No matter what area of study I'm exploring, be it psychology, business, military, politics, game theory, complexity theory, religion, or philosophy, if I find a practical approach it seems to be in tuned with the teachings offered in the Daoist Classics. Out of the Classics, I believe that none offers a more complete guide to leading an effective life than the Dao De Jing, which is attributed to Laozi.

For this reason, I will be speading a significant amount of time exploring the different chapters of the Dao De Jing here. Through my discussions you may come to see, like I do, how this ancient Chinese text is still incredibly relevant to this day. This will especially be validated as we peer at the world through the lens of complexity theory, which we will be doing throughout this blog.

Besides exploring the Dao De Jing, I will be discussing the other Classics, as well as many other different areas of thought and how they relate to achieving a more effective life.

No comments: